Board of Directors and Committees
As the primary body for developing and implementing economic development priorities for the community, Grow Piqua Now's Board of Directors are a key part of the overall development and marketing of Piqua. The board is made up of 17 total members (13 voting members) with staggered terms.
- Three members are appointed by the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce
- Three members are appointed by the Piqua Improvement Corporation
- Three members are from the City of Piqua - The City Manager, the Mayor and an appointed member of the City Commission
- Four at-large members appointed by other Grow Piqua Now Board Members
- Four non-voting ex-officio members: The President of the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce, the Director of Mainstreet Piqua, Inc., the City of Piqua Finance Director and the City of Piqua Economic Development Director
- The Economic Development Director of the City of Piqua has been appointed Executive Director of Grow Piqua Now and serves as statutory agent of the organization.
The work of Grow Piqua Now is carried out through the several committees focused on key components of the economic and organizational development.
The Executive Committee is made of Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary and Immediate Past Chair, who are voting members of the committee. Non-voting members of the committee include the Executive Director and ten chairs of each of the other committees. This committee makes recommendations to the full board, but may act on issues that can not be addressed by the full board in a timely manner.
Long-Range Planning Committee
This committee is charged with providing input to the Grow Piqua Now Board and the City of Piqua on future development issues, to review the City's Long Range Plan and the community's demographics and recommend strategies to improve the quality of life in the City of Piqua.
Membership & Fundraising Committee
The Membership and Fundraising Committee works to recruit new members and ensure annual renewals from existing members. The committee also recommends to the Executive Committee an annual membership and fundraising goal.
Retention & Expansion (R&E) Committee
The R&E Committee is focused on working with Piqua's existing companies to understand the challenges and opportunities they face. The work is coordinated through the BusinessFirst! for a Greater Dayton Region program.
Workforce Development Committee
This committee was created to align the needs of the local business community with the region's workforce development resources. Initially, the committee's work has focused on the unique needs of the community's manufacturing companies.